Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Debt That Can Never Be Repaid

This post is specially dedicated to the men who have invested and sacrificed a lot of their time, effort, money, patience and much more for ROYAL RANGERS MELAKA #1. I may sound cheesy and unusual but please bear with me. First and foremost though, thanks to God, our Master Ranger for giving me the opportunity and pleasure to earn my GMA after 5 years. :-)

First let's start of with Cmdr. Steven Chia
He has been in Royal Rangers since he was 9. Currently he is the Senior Commander for our outpost. He may seem loud and tough at times, but we all know that he really does care about us. We enjoy his method of bringing us out to talk to us about practically anything. He tries his very best to reach out to us youth on our on terms.
I personally would like to thank him for being there for me during my GMA interview eventhough he was busy doing business. (FYI: he came in his golf shirt, short pants, slippers and carried a newspaper) He has also personally taught me a lot of information about camping and growing up, all the experience he has shared with me, is hard to forget.


Then, there is Cmdr Vive
As far as I can remember, he was my commander when I was a pioneer. I'm proud to say that he was the one who has started my interest in GMA in the first place. He always challenged me to do better and has somehow made me the person I am today. I may not have liked a lot of things he did in the past as I did not understand and saw the purpose for his actions but now I see that it was for our own good. I appreciate it. He has also taught me a lot of extra information. Stuff that you don't normally learn in school. Like about computers, survival skills and most importantly the bible. He has also taught me the importance of team work and leadership, the leader I am today will not be the same without his teachings and encouragement.


Lastly, Cmdr. Ivan
As a small girl, I can honestly tell you that I have never like him very much. I was not very close to him either, but now I realise that he has always helped me and I feel embarrassed for not appreciating his help last time. He took over Cmdr. Vive's position of constantly challenging me with more things to do and increasing my leadership skills. He has helped me a lot indirectly to achieve my GMA through the paper work and information he has provided to me.


Well, this is all I can say for now. I know it may not be as sincere as a face-to-face thank you, please do forgive me for being so big headed and forgetting to thank all of you. Thank you for not looking down on me and making me who I am today. Thank you for your patience and not giving up.
I would jus like to reassure all of you that all ur sacrifices and hard work has not gone to waste. I would like to share my achievements with all of you and let you know that I will not be where I am today if it wasn't because of all you've done. I am truly blessed. Thank you.

SALUTE!

3 comments:

ViveAlive said...

I want to cry loh.....so touched.....!!!! Thank you so much.

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Aiyooooo! Now, I also want to cry ( sob!sob! )....so very touched by the posting! BTW, you are special-lar! You really make my day! Be blessed!

Stefanie Sim Lin Ern said...

haha.ok.thanks.